For this experiment I wanted to explore paper cutting – I knew about chinese paper cutting with scissors or knives, but had never tried it myself. I set about finding a design and going from there. I found the cutting process to be difficult, perhaps I should have a thinner paper. I was using an exacto knife but even so found it hard to obtain exact curves. Again a thinner paper may be the answer. Along the way I decided to alter the original design and introduce colour. Memories of Molas (reverse appliqué) came to mind and I feel that the end result is similar with its bold colours and simple lines.