plaster plant Continuing on from previous experiments with plaster I expanded my approach by introducing colour.  I purchased a pack of children’s tempera paint powders and mixed them with the plaster creating a marbled effect as well as natural white.


I picked some sections of plants from my garden and dipped them in theUntitled-1 white plaster, giving them two coats.





I added children’s tempera paint powder to the plaster to experiment with marbled colour.  I found some dried leaves and dipped them into the plaster.  Initially it took well but over time began to flake off.  I added another colour to the remaining plaster and poured it into a bowl.  Unfortunately I forgot to grease the bowl so the plaster will not release.  IMG_1250 IMG_1242


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s